Wednesday 28 September 2011

Favorite quotes from Ashfall by Mike Mullin

Day 2 of Annmarie Ashfall madness! 

One of the things i loved best about this book was some of the things the character thought and said were brilliant. 

Annmarie’s favourite Ashfall quotes

“For the first time ever, I felt ashamed of my species. The volcano had taken our homes, our food, our automobiles, and our airplanes, but it hadn't taken our humanity. No, we'd given that up on our own.” 

“That whiff of smoke was enough to transform my sithere-trembling terror into get-the-hell-out-of-here terror.” 

“But unlike thunder, this didn’t stop. It went on and on, machine-gun style, as if Zeus had loaded his bolts into an M60 with an inexhaustible ammo crate.” 

“I felt bad about dirtying their comforter with my nasty clothes, but who knew what might happen later. If something else bizarre went down and I had to run, I sure didn’t want to do it butt naked.”

“Hunger of choice is a painful luxury; hunger of necessity is terrifying torture.” 

“Condoms instantly shot to the number-one position on my mental list of must-find survival supplies, far ahead of food, water, and a way across the Mississippi River.” 

“The few trees still upright were stripped of their branches, lonely flagpoles without a nation to claim them.” 

“For the first time ever, I felt ashamed of my species. The volcano had taken our homes, our food, our automobiles, and our airplanes, but it hadn't taken our humanity. No, we'd given that up on our own.” 

Under the bubbling hot springs and geysers of Yellowstone National Park is a supervolcano. Most people don't know it's there. The caldera is so large that it can only be seen from a plane or satellite. It just could be overdue for an eruption, which would change the landscape and climate of our planet.

Ashfall is the story of Alex, a teenage boy left alone for the weekend while his parents visit relatives. When the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts unexpectedly, Alex is determined to reach his parents. He must travel over a hundred miles in a landscape transformed by a foot of ash and the destruction of every modern convenience that he has ever known, and through a new world in which disaster has brought out both the best and worst in people desperate for food, water, and warmth. With a combination of nonstop action, a little romance, and very real science, this is a story that is difficult to stop reading and even more difficult to forget.

Buy your copy of the book today available at 




this are all clicked to the page you need. It will take you directly to Ashfall buy page 

4 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for this novel. Thanks for sharing some awesome quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you found almost all my favorites too! I added the last one in your list during revisions, and later I looked at it and thought, "Wow, I wrote that? Maybe I'm good at this after all."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pre ordered my copy ages ago and just waiting for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most retailers have shipped, Nat. There are copies in the window at the bookstore down the street from me right now!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews