Sunday 4 September 2011

Wildefire by Karsten Knight review -Annmarie



I was lucky enough to get a copy of this book from my dear friend. I had been waiting to read this book since it was first released.

There was loads going on in the story line for the mythological that was running through the book to the conflict between characters, new friendship and more action then you could throw a stick at.

In a way you could tell a guy wrote the book because there was never a boring page there was always some kind of action going on and that’s one of the main thing I really loved. The mythological side of this book was outstanding I’m a big fan of myths of any sort. While I have read books like Percy Jackson and the Pegasus series this series for more for the teen readings then younger readers.

The conflict between ash and Eve was one of the key points in this story. It was great to see the hate but also deep down I wonder whether they had any choice but to dislike one and other.

There was lots of other great characters in the book and they all fitted really well together they all brought something interesting and new to the mix. Ash was a strong main character that to me was a bit of a tom boy that really helped me like her because I myself am a bit of a tom boy. She was out spoken and was always speaking her mind which normal got her into trouble.

Now the ending was mind blowing I did not see that coming at all and I was shocked and enraged that the author ended the book that way (cliff hanger!!)  But it was a good thing he did because one thing I know is I well be buying book two.

To sum this book up I would say....
A mind blowing mix of none stop action and conflicted and myth. 
5 stars. 

1 comment:

Total Pageviews