Tuesday 6 March 2012

The White Oak by Kim White review

The White OakThe White Oak by Kim White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book started in a fast paced and drama filled way. Cora is sucked into a sinkhole at her father’s grave within seconds Cora her brother and grandmother are sucked into the blackness of the ground. Cora soon is on the rollercoaster ride of her life after being spite out into a river below the sinkhole that is really the entrance to the underworld. A place filled with danger and death Cora is faced with having to work out what’s going on and will she be able to get out alive before it’s too late.

This book was action packed from the very begging you get the basic story line for the character then zoom your right into an epic story that was not only fun and exciting but nonstop danger and fear. I loved Cora and her brother they made such great characters to read about and the people they meet along the way could only be described as brilliant.

The story was at times dark but the detail and love that went into the book shined through the whole time I could almost see the underworld like I was there myself. Where the book was based in the underworld you would think that much death would bring the book down but in truth I felt that the author wrote the book as death is not the end just a new begging to a story that’s ongoing simply wonderful.

I have no faults with this book and for me it was everything I needed in a book a great start to a new and imaginative series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews