Tuesday 2 October 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout review

Onyx (Lux, #2)Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
my review
After reading book one i went right to book two.
I have to say I did have a few bits that ticked me off in this book but first ill tell you what i liked. Now the character are all well thought out and likeable and the storyline is action packed and with lots of twists and turns in the right places that help keep you glued to the book.
I loved that you learned more about the lux and that the book had depth when i came to family ties and loved ones coming first which really warms you heart but what did tick me off was katy being such a air head when she knew full well what she wanted, while I understand that life is not always easy for her i felt that she made things 100 times harder for no reason apart from being silly (angry face) Daemon was a big hit for me and i loved seeing his softer side and also the love he has for the people close to his heart.
4 stars


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews