Thursday 5 September 2013

the missing piece by beth fred review

A Missing PeaceA Missing Peace by Beth Fred
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thank you to net galley and harlequin for giving me this book in exchange for a honest review.

When I read the blurb of this book I thought to myself that this was the type of book id never read before and I was intrigued.
Its told from alternating POVs of mirriam and caleb. To say these two don’t get off to a good start together is an understatement, mirriam turns caleb down in front of everyone and he wants retribution, so he enters into a bet with his friends, to get her to be his date to prom. When they are paired up for a project things start to change and they start to get along, but something happens and that brings them to see each other in a new light, when revelations a brought to light about the Iraqi war, it will either bring them together or tear them apart.

I absolutely loved the writing style of this book, it was easy to read and makes me want to read more books from this author in the future. It makes you think about what you believe in and how you think about war, military etc.

I cant say much about this book without giving anything away, but if you love YA and books that are different then this is definitely for you.

Recommend to all.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews